Strategic Account Management
This programme is for account managers who have business relationships with major corporates or national, pan-European, EMEA or global accounts.
Strategic account management skills are key to retaining and growing profitable business relationships.
The Strategic Account Management Programme will give your people the skills to:
- Make customers see them as a professional who is an integral part of a business relationship, not someone who simply ‘comes to sell’
- Develop strong relationships at C-level (Board and Senior Executive), in which clients will consult and seek advice on strategy and business decisions
Create a relationship that customers will pay a premium for
Typically a Strategic Account Management programme will cover:
- Profiling: to show the strengths and development needs of each participant
- Developing strategic objectives that are shared with the account
- Creating a long term strategic account plan
- Building a value proposition that is aligned with customer strategy, goals and values
- Working in partnership at Senior Executive level
- Developing and using business acumen
- Stakeholder management
- Building a contact strategy at all levels in the business
- Creating and leading the internal and external team
- Managing the complex sales cycle
- Defining quality standards
- Effective communication
This programme is based on participants directly applying the content to one of their own accounts.
The structure is based around a series of workshops and field activity, which is supported with a mix of:
- Pre-course work
- Business Simulation
- Role play
- Role play actors
- Post workshop projects
- Line management coaching support
Post workshop projects will challenge participants to implement a strategic account plan with a customer.
Achievement of the accreditation is based on implementing the project.
- Meets your business needs and objectives
Provides you with a template to create and agree strategic objectives with these accounts, supported by a long term strategic account plan that:
- Sets out account management strategy
- Maximises business opportunities
- Develops long term , mutually profitable relationships
Defines for each of your people:
- Development areas in account management and business acumen
- Personal development plans
- Coaching plans that line management will use to support their people
Blended learning that features:
- A 100% focus on meeting your needs
- Account Directors and trainers with outstanding track records in Strategic Account Management
- TLSA’s unique Business Simulations for an immersive, hands-on learning experience
- Expertise on profiling and assessing your people
- Accreditation, working with the ISMM to develop an accreditation model that rewards your people and makes new learning business as usual
- A track record, proven with major corporates to SMEs
- A passion for quality, TLSA is an ISO9001 certified company
Can't find exactly the training your looking for?
Call us on 0345 600 1556 or email us now to speak to one of our consultants.
What our clients say:
"After 3.5 years of pushing for further training and development, the course has been the single most effective thing I have ever taken part in."
Gemma Angharad Morris BSc
Sales Manager - Private sector