Carbon Disclosure Project
- The Client
CDP works to develop solutions to the challenges of climate change by making relevant information available to major business corporations that is used in business, policy and investment decisions.
The information CDP provides is the output of disclosures from 2,500 organisations in 60 countries.
- The Challenge
To design a training programme enabling a team of Account Managers to develop and retain business through:
- Core sales skills
- Account management skills
- The confidence of the team and motivate them to do the job
- The Solution
CDP’s team of 11 account managers come from a variety of backgrounds, but only two had real sales experience. An effective solution required the development of core selling skills and then adding relationship or account management skills. A three-stage programme included:
- Pre-work assignment and one day workshop
- Field Project putting stage 1 into practice
- Account management – one day workshop