Sales Capability Check
We offer a professional sales capability review for any sized project
The challenge is not just achieving targets, but asking the question,'What could be?'
Sales performance is key to every organisation. You can have the best products, services, advertising, PR and marketing; but it is your sales team that persuades customers to buy! So it makes good sense to ensure you are getting the best return from the investment you make in the sales team.
Our Sales Capability Check provides insight in key areas:
- An external view of the capabilities and strengths of your sales leaders and sales people
- Identification of development needs if the business is to achieve strategic and performance objectives
- An analysis of sales structure, sales management modelling and operational efficiency; with a focus on how this benefits, or impedes, sales performance
- Threats and opportunity in the areas of customer retention, development and new business development
- The use of other sales methods beyond the face-to-face sales call
A Sales Capability Check is usually completed in three stages:
Stage 1: Scoping the Project
We will meet with your key stakeholders to define the objectives you want to achieve from the project. This may include:
- Benchmarking against world class sales standards
- Ability assessment versus customer needs: Establishing if your sales force is structured, and has the skills, to deliver the expectations of your customers
- Sales leadership skills assessment
- Account management skills assessment
- Sales skills assessment
- Succession planning and talent management
Stage 2: Implementation
Dependent on your objectives, the implementation stage will feature a combination of all, or some, of the following activities:
- 360 Degree Feedback: Used to highlight strengths and development areas for your sales leaders, taking into account feedback from line management, peers and direct reports
- Psychometric Profiling: Assessing the profile of your sales people against a job pattern based on each specific role. This provides you with invaluable information on recruitment, coaching, talent management and succession planning
- Structured Interviews: With senior executives, line managers, account managers and sales people. This may also include executives and line managers from other functions, e.g. marketing manufacturing and finance
- Field Observations: A TLSA consultant working in the field with your people to observe skills and behaviours in a live environment
- Sales Management and Sales Focus Groups: Events at which your people express views on strengths and gaps in skills and behaviours
- Customer Focus Groups: Events at which your customers provide an insight into what they expect from suppliers , the type of relationships they want to develop and how your sales force performs against these expectations
Stage 3: Reporting
We prepare a full report detailing findings, conclusions and recommended actions. Your account director will take you through this report and prioritise the action areas based on the objectives you set for the project.
At this point, if we can help, we would of course be delighted to continue the work with you. In addition we would also highlight any areas where support may be needed from other sources.
Get in touch to discuss how we can help you meet your needs: